Table of Contents
2. Step 1: Know Yourself
3. Step 2: Know What You’re Writing About
4. Step 3: Know How to Write
5. Step 4: Know Your Audience
6. Step 5: Know Where to Go
7. Step 6: Know When to Stop
10. About the Author
Writing a college application essay is one of the most important things you’ll ever do in your life. It will determine whether or not you get into the college of your dreams, and if you do get in, it will help you decide which school you want to go to. This book is going to teach you everything you need to know to write the best essay possible.
In this book, you’ll learn:
– How to write an essay that will get you into your dream school
– What to write about when you’re writing your college application essays (and how to choose your topic)
This book will teach you how to write a successful college essay, but it’s not going to be easy. It’s going to require a lot of hard work, but the payoff will be worth it. By the time you’re done reading this book and writing your essays, you’re going to have a much better understanding of yourself and what you want out of life, and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your dream of getting into the school of your choice. If you’re serious about getting into college, this book is for you. Let’s get started!
## Know Yourself
Before you can start writing your essay, you need a good understanding of who you are and what your strengths and weaknesses are. In this chapter, we’ll talk about how to figure out what kind of person you are, what you like to do, and what makes you tick. We’ll also talk about what kinds of things you’re good at and what kinds you’re not so good at, and how you can use that information to write your essay. This chapter will be the foundation for the rest of the book, and without it, you won’t be able to write any of the essays in this book. So, before we get started, take a few minutes to think about yourself and write down your answers to the following questions:
## What Kind of Person Are You?
Think about your personality, your likes, and your dislikes, and write them down. Here are some questions to help you get a better idea of what you’re like as a person. You don’t have to answer all of them, but you should try to answer as many of them as you can. You can come up with your own questions as well, so don’t feel like you have to use the ones below. Just write down whatever comes to your mind.
– Who are you?
– What do you like doing? (e.g., reading, writing, playing video games)
– How do you spend your free time? (hanging out with your friends, watching TV, going to the movies, playing sports, reading, etc.)
## What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses?
– Write down all of the things that you think make you a good person. For example, you might write “I’m a hard worker” or “I always help people when they need it.”
Now, think about your weaknesses. These are the things you don’t like about yourself. Write down everything you can think of that makes you feel bad about yourself, and don’t be afraid to be brutally honest with yourself. You might write things like “I can’t stand when people laugh at me,” “I get nervous when I have to speak in front of people,” or “Sometimes I feel like I don’t deserve to be here.” The more honest you can be with yourself, the better. You’ll be surprised by how much you can learn about yourself by looking at your weaknesses and figuring out what you can do to overcome them.
## What Makes You Tick?
Here are some things that make you tick, and we want you to write down what you think they are. Think about what you enjoy doing and why you enjoy it, and then write down why you think it’s important for you to do what you do. This is a great time to get to know yourself a little better, and it’s a great way to start thinking about your college essay topic. For instance, if you enjoy reading and writing, you could write something like “Reading is important to me because it helps me learn more about the world, and I want to learn as much as I can about it.”
– Write down your hobbies, interests, and passions, and why they’re important to you.
– Why do you think you’re here? What’s your purpose in life? What are you going to do with your life after you graduate from high school? What kind of a person do you hope to be when you grow up? Why are you applying to college? Why did you decide to write this book? Why should I let you write my college essay for me? What do I hope to get out of this experience? These are all questions you can ask yourself to help figure out why you’re doing all of this.
## What Do You Want Out of Life?
This is the most important question of all, and the answer to it will determine everything else that you do in life. You should think about this question for a long time before you write it down. You want to make sure that you really think about it and that it’s something you really want to do. When you’re finished thinking about it, write down the answer, and make sure you really mean it when you say it.